A compression sock reduces swelling and pain in your ankles. The compression sock puts gentle pressure on your ankles and leg, promoting blood circulation from legs to the heart. During air travel, when the travel time increases, some people have chances of deep vein thrombosis (DVT). Wearing compression socks helps to reduce the pain and increases blood circulation.
In air travel, people must be seated and can’t move much. The position that the person is made to sit compresses the blood vessels. The compression socks for travel are useful in curing swelling of lower limbs, enlarged or twisted veins, inflammation of the veins, and accumulation of lymph fluid. In air travel, if a person has the risk of the above complications, it is wise to wear the compression socks to reduce the risk of swelling. If a patient has a severe vascular disease, it is not advised to wear the compression socks. Also, there is no other major risk of wearing it for others.
However, the following are the benefits and side effects of the compression socks:
Benefits Of Using Compression Socks:
- Research shows that people with DVT can be comfortable in air travel.
- It reduces leg swelling.
- It reduces blood clots from the skin.
- It helps to reduce the discomfort.
- It prevents ulcers.
- It develops the blood circulation.
Side-effects Of Using Compression Socks:
Side-effects of using compression socks while flying are as follows:
- Improperly used compression socks can cause difficulty in blood circulation
- Improperly used compression socks can cause irritation, itching, and redness in your legs.
- They can bruise your legs if you have any skin problems.
- Also, note that when the compression socks are not properly used, then it can hurt.
- Using tight compression socks might cause tissue death.
- Using compression socks for a long time may lead to uncomfortable symptoms.
How to use compression socks?
Compression socks should not be too tight as it will cause pain and discomfort. Patients with heart disease or arteries failure are not recommended to wear compression socks. It is always recommended to consult a doctor for your size. Compression socks are available in different sizes. The compression socks can be worn on one or both legs subject to the patient’s health condition. Usually, it is advised to wear the compression socks during the morning and to remove it during bedtime. To maintain hygienically, the compression socks must be washed. It can be washed by hand for the long life of the elasticity. Suppose, if the compression socks become loose, it is recommended to use a new one as it will not be effective.
The compression socks are the best option for the people who travel by air or road for a long duration. If you use compression socks, you can easily overcome the DVT or blood clots. Moreover, it is used mainly for the blood circulation for the long travel people and for a peaceful journey. It is always recommended to seek medical advice for using compression socks and for the size.