To maintain a healthy lifestyle drinking and eating healthy and hygienic things is a must. As water is the topmost priority that keeps our body in good health and hydrated. We must assure it is pure and free from volatile substances. The pollution in water bodies like lakes, rivers, and oceans has become huge stress for all of us which increases the chances of us getting contaminated water. However, we still have a chance to reduce the amount of contamination and chemicals present in the water by using modern technologies. To our entire rescue, water purifiers have played a very important role in the purification of water. In our article, we will discuss the difference between the most commonly used water purifiers like the RO and UV water purifiers.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RO AND UV:
RO purification known as reverse osmosis is commonly used for water purification. The RO uses a membrane technology that can eliminate impurities, germs and dissolved salt from water. The RO purification has a semi membrane that can separate germs and dissolved chemicals.
BENEFITS OF RO:
- The RO purification can remove all the dissolved salts i.e. TDS removal from water.
- The RO can purify muddy water.
- The RO can suitable for areas having high TDS in water.
- The RO can remove all microbes like bacteria, viruses, and protozoa.
- The RO can remove heavy metals from water.
- The RO enhances the taste, smell and appearance of water.
COST OF RO:
The starting model of the RO starts with 6.5K and its advanced version can cost you from 25K to 30K depending upon its features and high-end technology.
MAINTENANCE OF RO:
Although the RO requires periodic service, the overall cost of running an RO and its maintenance can be very low.
The RO water purifier won’t give you a hefty bill. The amount of electricity consumed is somewhere in between 20-25Watt.
The UV purification is also known as e-boiling purification. The UV purification uses a simple process of using a UV light. The UV light kills all the germs, viruses, bacteria, cysts and microbes present in the water. The simple strategy can kill up to 99.99% of the harmful organisms.
BENEFITS OF UV
- UV purifications are environmental friendly as it prevents from wastage of water.
- UV takes less time for purification of water than RO.
- UV doesn’t leak any chemicals into the water.
- UV doesn’t remove essential minerals as the RO water purifier does.
- UV can kill microbes.
- Less expensive.
COST OF UV:
UV is cheaper than the RO. Its starting price is 5K, but the advanced version with advanced features may cost you this water purifier under 15k.
MAINTENANCE OF UV:
The UV purifier comes with a minimum cost so the maintenance cost is likely to be cheaper.
The UV filters use 23 watts to filter 4800 liters of water.
Depending upon the TDS level in your water supply, you must look for a purifier as well as your budget. Do check the online reviews before opting for a water purifier.